[time-nuts] need recomendation for a portable 10mhz reference oscilator

Stan stanw1le at verizon.net
Wed Dec 12 00:27:51 UTC 2007

Hello Eric,

I picked up a few ISOTEMP VCXOs from Pyro Joe on ebay. 12VDC operation

Currently using one as a 10 MHz reference for my AD6IW PLL osc for the
LO on my DB6NT 10 G2.
For the control voltage, I use a multi turn pot and cal at home, before
the contest weekend.
I am tickled with the frequency stability. I use mostly USB and CW.

I packaged it up in a diecast box to keep the wind off.
Plan is to expand the concept to 24, 47, and 78 GHz.

If I need more frequency stability for the processing gain in a
ARGO/QRSS CW mode,
I can migrate to a Rb in the portable station.

Stan, W1LE   FN41sr   Cape Cod