[time-nuts] need recomendation for a portable 10mhz referenceoscilator

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Wed Dec 12 00:58:59 UTC 2007

Hello to all,

I think everyone is missing the boat here, so to speak.  Eric does not
necessarily need a high degree of accuracy.

What he really needs is stability.  So if he was off frequency a bit, that could
be handled in the tunable IF unit, which is, most likely, some wide range modern
VHF/UHF tunable radio.

A very high quality ocxo would probably satisfy the need.  Or as someone
suggested, a combination of ocxo and a Rb.  The Rb would provide the longer term
needed for the really high multiplication into upper GHz region and the ocxo
locked to Rb would [ possibly ] provide the "quiet" drive source.

Bill....WB6BNQ