[time-nuts] Fury Interface Board simulation results

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 12 09:06:21 UTC 2007

Rex wrote:
> Thanks, Bruce, for the circuit. I don't recognize the transformer
> numbers in your schematic. Can you tell us more about the nature of the
> transformers you have specified?

Rex

These are standard Minicircuits through hole mount RF transformers that
have (with an appropriate termination) low VSWR for frequencies around
5-10MHz or so.
They also make surface mount equivalents.
They have impedance ratios of 16:1 (4:1 turns ratio centre tapped on the
high impedance side). Although a centre tapped transformer isnt needed
for the output I elected to use the same part to keep the number of
different parts down especially when they appear very similar.

Bruce