[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-m-RB unit output level

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Thu Dec 20 04:49:47 UTC 2007

Stuart wrote:
> Has anyone measured the 10Mhz output level of these units. How about the output impedance?
> Has anyone tried to tap off the 10Mhz from the OCXO on the XO unit? if so what output level
> did you get. I am looking for a GPSDO with an output level of at least 0dbm into 50 ohms.
>
> Stuart

The XO unit is different from the one in your message title (RB has an
LPRO rubidium inside). I don't have an XO unit but I think it is the one
that has a GPS receiver inside. I don't think I ever heard of anyone
getting either the RFG or RFTG to work in their original configurations,
(interconnected with the other units.)

I think the output they make is 15 MHz derived from the internal 10 MHz.
Maybe some of them have 10 MHz output too.

There was lots of discussion about these a while back. You might try
going here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/info.html
and do some searches. (Say RFG, RFTG and maybe LPRO if you have the RB.)

For my RFG-RB unit, I decided that most of the internals weren't that
helpful but the LPRO rubidium could be used with some other circuitry
driving it.