[time-nuts] HP 5370B question

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Dec 22 11:40:57 UTC 2007

Bob -

With most counters, I have found that running them at slightly less than 10
MHz gives you an extra displayed digit of resolution. If the "1" out of 10
MHz were to be displayed, it would take up one more digit in the MSD
position, leaving you one less in the LSD position. Since the numbers are so
close anyway, if measuring for stability, I personally would prefer that
extra digit in the LSD position. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960