[time-nuts] GIMP VS PhotoShop

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Dec 28 15:35:42 UTC 2007

Magnus Danielson wrote:

> Yes, yes, yes... but how will GIMP/Photoshop/VFSH improve my stability and
> accuracy? Except for allowing me to fiddle with the graphs to display better
> values than I actually acheive.

Oh, I think it can be more useful to precision time and frequency
measurement than just cheating.

How are you planning on documenting your experimental setups?  Any
photographs needed?  Yes?  Well, The Gimp will help you to properly
size them, add any measurement legends and titling, and to improve
poor photographic technique.

The Gimp is a great help in managing illustrations used in scholarly
papers.

Improving your stability and accuracy is all about standing on the
shoulders of others, and innovating from that high platform.

If you cannot present your results to others in a clear and understandable
format, then everybody loses.

-Chuck Harris