[time-nuts] RFTG on ebay

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Feb 1 19:28:00 UTC 2007

I think their prices were more of supply & demand...

The first lot of RFG-RB's that they sold had a BIN for $20!!! (I missed out
on those or I would of bought them all), the next lot I believe had a $50
BIN (again, missed out on those too), then $125, then $185, etc... Each new
lot they listed just kept going up as people were continuing to buy them
all. The RFTG's were not listed until after the RFGs were already being sold
for the $125/$185 area.

I don't know what the MSRP would be on one of these, probably so high it
would make me have a mild stroke. But for $125 that I bought my RB for, even
just the LPRO-101 is worth that price. At $185 I probably would have passed
on the deal. I'm waiting for the XO model to drop down to about $125, if
they do then great, if they don't then I'll just have to be patient and wait
for some other surplus units to hit eBay at a price I'm willing to pay.

Anyhow, that post with their quantities left I found kind of informative. It
let me know how many units they have left (a bunch) of the model I want. So
I know I can still wait a while and hope for the price to fall some more.
I'm not trying to defend "that vendor", but I bet you didn't know about
their initial listings that were way below value (and some people got in on
killer deals).

Jason