[time-nuts] Getting the most out of your rubidium standard

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Tue Feb 6 19:43:07 UTC 2007

> Those who like tinkering with their rubidium standards
> may find the following paper of interest

> http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/pdf/1013.pdf

This is very interesting, indeed, and a very nice practical, follow-on work
from the theory paper by Audoin et al.

It wasn't clear to me how much improvement you get switching from a standard
(i.e. cheap) discharge lamp to a frequency and amplitude stabilized laser
diode.

This may be covered in one of the references; I haven't had time to chase
them yet.

-ch