[time-nuts] VP for HP58503A

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 8 05:49:38 UTC 2007

I put a 8 channel Oncore VP in a Z3801A.  I had to tell the receiver to
be a 6 channel unit for it to work properly.  The 8 channel unit
appeared to be a slight bit more receive sensitive .  I also noted that
compared to the older 6 channel receiver, the 8 channel unit worked when
the older unit lost lock due to some geometry problems in the spring and
the fall.

I do not know the differences in the 58503 and the Z3801A, but we know
the PC board in the Z3801A is labeled 58503.

Brian N4FMN