[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPSDO

Robert E. Martinson REMartinson at rcn.com
Mon Feb 12 18:06:47 UTC 2007

I'm interested in one, but hopefully for less then $250. I can't understand
why the sole bidder started so high??  I suspect it's a shill bid??

It appears it would be easy to use as the data sheet & manual are available
on-line.  This, unlike the RFTG units, which have no manufactures (or
Lucent) info available on-line (that I have been able to find).  I'm still
having problems getting My RFTG-m-XO to reliable GPS lock, but I'm closer
then I was a week ago.

Side note: the power requirements appear to be incorrect in the data sheet
as it seems too low (2.1 W).  The numbers in the manual seem more realistic
(11.1 W).

See: http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-10015/  sheet 2,
and
http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-10001/ThunderBoltBook200