[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPSDO

Rob Kimberley time.bandit at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 13 11:24:08 UTC 2007

Shill bidding is putting false bids (from friends etc) on to drive the price
up when you are selling.

Putting a large first bid is sometimes done from someone going away for the
duration of the auction and putting on the highest amount he wants to pay in
an attempt to secure the deal in his absence. Have done this myself when
going on holiday and no internet access.

However, I normally lurk until the last 15 seconds of the auction before
bidding (good reason for having accurate time on the PC!!)

Rob K