[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPSDO

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Feb 13 17:58:33 UTC 2007

> Mine used a +12, two +5 and a -7 VDC. I know the manual says the
> thunder   bolt requires a -12 but mine had a -7 on it

Is the -12 used for anything other than driving the RS-232 signals?  I expect
that would work with almost anything.

> The data out is Trimble propriety and you have to use their software.
> It's   free off their website and I downloaded 2.

ntp has a refclock module that talks to some Trimble units.  Looks like gpsd
has Trimble support too.  I don't know if they talk to this particular model,
but there is at least some readily available code to look at if anybody wants
to write their own.