[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPSDO

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed Feb 14 06:28:14 UTC 2007

To answer the original question, a Thunderbolt or similar GPS standard is
MORE than capable of telling you if it is working properly.  There is no
reason to use more than one of them at a single location.  The Trimble
software will tell you how many nanoseconds the 1-PPS output is off, and how
many parts per billion the 10-MHz output is off, compared to what GPS says
they should be.  And there are numerous diagnostic alarms that are monitored
continuously.

It is a plug-and-forget device, except that you do want to set the saved
location and environment (trees, fixed/mobile, etc.) properties when you
install it.

-- john, KE5FX