[time-nuts] Thunderbolt - Hardware Versions - PerformanceDifferneces

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Feb 15 16:58:36 UTC 2007

I guess it depends on whether you are after a frequency reference or a phase
reference.  My (commercial) Thunderbolt has no problem delivering 1E-10 or
better over 1 second (usually MUCH better).  Jitter has never been a problem
for me, and I couldn't care less about holdover performance, since I don't
run my own cell site.

If all you want is a reliable, plug-and-play source of 10 MHz, there are
literally no drawbacks to these boxes.  They just work, and $200-$250 is a
fair price for them.  People with Z3801As tend to fiddle with them until the
cows come home in my experience, and that's fine if that's what you're into,
but... wait, what list is this again? :)

-- john, KE5FX