[time-nuts] Newbie Introduction

Mike Fahmie mpfahmie at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 17 00:53:10 UTC 2007

Hello to all, I just stumbled onto the group while "Googling" for FMT
stuff. My call is WA6ZTY and had my 15 minutes of fame as the west coast
outlet for this years FMT. I am an ENR (engineer nearing retirement) at the
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. where I work with very big power supplies
and with sub nanosecond timing for a cyclotron. I have had Time/Freq as one
of my hobbies for about 20 years now.

A 60 KHz receiver and a Garmin mushroom on the roof link me to the mother
ship and I have a couple of HP Cesium basket cases that may produce one
working unit after I retire. The local standard is an HP107BR with an HP103
in reserve. I enjoy restoring old test equipment from the 60's and 70's,
currently focusing on precision voltage/current/resistance measurment.

-Mike-
WA6ZTY