[time-nuts] Trying LinuxPPS - can't get 'git'

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wd9get at amsat.org
Thu Feb 22 00:37:15 UTC 2007

I've run into problems on setting up linuxpps and need help.

I've got a 900 mHz PIII Dell set up with Debian 3.1r4 and updated the
kernel to 2.6.20. I then went to look for the patches for the
Linuxpps and that's where I'm stuck. It requires cloning the
repository using git. I installed git, but when I follow the
instruction on http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support,
using the 'git clone git://
git.enneenne.com/linuxpps' I keep get a 'chdir: permission denied'
error. I also get that error with any git command except a naked
'git' command, which brings up local files. I tried the git tutorial
on git wiki, and I keep running into the same error. The 'git config
--global user.name' command gives me an 'unknown option' error.

Any suggestions/pointers?

Keith

LtCol Keith E. Brandt, MD, MPH
USAF-NASA Aerospace Medicine Liaison Officer
Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas
wd9get at amsat.org

Goodbye cruel world that was my home-
   there's cleaner space out here to roam
Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
   sit back, relax, and count the stars

*This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons