[time-nuts] Fine print on HP 5334B

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Feb 22 23:47:41 UTC 2007

Sounds like there is a register in the counter which totalizes the cycles
measured over gate_time * num_to_average seconds, and it's not wide enough
to represent 100 * 99 * 10,000,000 cycles.

I would do the averaging on a host PC with a GPIB controller to work around
that.  It won't give you longer gate times but it will give you the ability
to average as many readings as you want.

-- john, KE5FX