[time-nuts] GPS splitter

N3IZN at aol.com N3IZN at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 03:28:55 UTC 2007

OK so the splitter is a mini circuits ZAPD-21 .5 - 2 Ghz splitter.
The center doesn't have a path to ground.
I mounted it on my rack next to my Thunderbolt clone and hooked it up
leaving the other port open.
The thunderbolt appears to be working fine and I have 5 volts on the center
pin.
The other unit I want to hook up is a Jupiter engine disciplining a 10 Mhz
OXCO.
On the Jupiter I hooked pins 1&2 together so it also puts out 5  volts.

Any words of encouragement or discouragement before I hook up my Jupiter to
the splitter?

If/when it locks up I want to compare the 2 units. I have a handheld 2
channel scope.

Hi,

I use a resistive DC-4GHz  minicircuits splitters  with  success, both
antenna
ports providing 5V.

I also have  used just a simple BNC TEE surprisingly without any  problems
whatsoever. Sometimes that works better than an Agilent 1-to-2  splitter
since it
doesen't add any amplifier noise.

Don't  connect a 3V configured GPS with a 5V one though even though the
ports
are usually overcurrent  protected.

bye,
Said