[time-nuts] Password recovery on Symmetricom TS3000/3100

German gatoalfa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 23:18:29 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody who can assist with PW recovery on
> a TimeSource 3100 GPS based PRS. One of our students
> changed the default password and now we are
> locked-out... I take it it is a jumper on the
> board somewhere, but the manual gives no info on this.

Christophe,

Remove the card from the shelf, in front right hand side there is a
jumper named "DB Init" move the the jumper from A to B or vice versa.

When the unit starts will detect the change in the jumper and go to
factory defaults. Then you can use the default user name and password
(is in the manual)

NOTE: All settings will reset to default. If you can not tolerate
downtime then you need to get the back-door password call Symmetricom
technical support for help.
http://www.symmetricom.com/Contact/Customer_Assistance_Centers/

PS: I work for Symmetricom but this is not an official Symmetricom
response, I'm wearing my hobbyist hat in this mail list.

--ga