[time-nuts] WTB: Trimble ACE-II (or ACE-III) GPS Receiver

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed Jan 3 05:27:18 UTC 2007

Christopher,

I *just* bought what appears to be a pair of ACE-III receivers off eBay.
When they come in and I check them out to verify the model and everything I
will definitely let you know. The person selling them isn't exactly sure
what they are (removed from some other equipment I think he said) so it was
kind of an obscure listing and I found it just by luck. He has a lot more,
and asked that I let him know what I discover about them so that he can list
them properly.

Anyhow, if they are indeed ACE-III's, I would be more than happy to sell one
(since I only need one), or you can probably buy it from that guy on eBay
once he lists more. Yes, from Trimble's site they say they are a drop-in
replacement for the ACE-II, so I don't think there would be any problem
substituting the newer model as it supports everything the older one did, I
think it just uses some updated components.

I saw your posts about the TS2100 IRIG and that's what got me looking as I
have a NTS-100 IRIG. The NTS-100 GPS uses the ACE-II receiver and everything
else looks the same, so I'm hoping that simply soldering in the header for
the GPS will allow me to use it for a signal source too. ;)

Jason