[time-nuts] Positional accuracy of the M12+T

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Wed Jan 3 19:15:56 UTC 2007

Hal,

The M12M-T has a Self-Survey function that normally gets you down to a
meter or so. Unfortunately this function takes data for 10,000 fixes so
it takes about 2.5 hours to complete. This function was created by
Motorola back when SA was on and you really needed a long sample to get
a decent position. Nowadays I normally just let WinOncore12 or SynTaC
take data for 15-20 minutes, and the average positions on multiple runs
are always within a couple of meters of each other. You will see several
ns of 1PPS offset due to slight changes in the Position Hold Position,
but this is easily removed using the 1PPS offset commands if you are
trying to match to another receiver. In the big scheme of things these
offsets are pretty much below the noise level.

Randy Warner
Senior Applications Engineer
Synergy Systems, LLC
randy at synergy-gps.com