[time-nuts] TAPR Clockblock and USRP (GnuRadio) anyone ?

jra at febo.com jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 13 17:11:35 UTC 2007

> I see that TAPR has the "clockblock" PLL gadget for sale now
> and that Matt Ettus USRP now sports a convenient facility for
> 64MHz clock input, anyone tried the combination yet ?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm fairly nervous about the phase noise; the
ICS-525 chip isn't really designed for RF applications.  But of course,
there's no harm in trying it out...

Realistically, I think the best answer is a Reflock-II board locking a
good quality 64MHz VCXO to a 10MHz source.

John