[time-nuts] NTS-100 IRIG to GPS Conversion

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Jan 14 01:16:39 UTC 2007

Another update...

Tried TSIP @ 4800 bps... No go... (along with a few other combinations).

Tried removing the jumper (3pins right next to GPS header), NTS would not
boot with the pins removed. I didn't want to switch them as the other pin
has 5V, and Jack's NTS didn't even have that header soldered in.

I might tinker around some more with it on Monday, but it's not looking good
for the NTS-100 series.

If anyone is interested, the guy sent me 4 of the ACE III GPS modules (with
a short cable), and I bought some SMB-BNC pigtails. I would be willing to
sell a couple combos to people interested, maybe to upgrade TS2100 IRIGs. I
also have one extra 10pin header (2mm pins), I bought two just incase when I
had to solder them in my NTS. I don't know if the TS2100 already has the
pins or not. I will pre-configure them to TSIP defaults, though making an
interface isn't all that difficult if you want to tinker around with by
themselves.