[time-nuts] Austron 2202

Robert Deliën robert at delien.nl
Mon Jan 15 18:29:37 UTC 2007

> Hi Fellow Nuts,
>
> Does anyone have any information on the Austron 2202 Rb reference?

Ha, so YOU are the one who bought it! ;-) I saw it on eBay too. I even placed a (sniper-) bid but it was refused because of my location. Too bad because it was quite a bit higher than the final amount.

> A quick Google finds little of value and it is not listed in the
> Austron handbook. I have checked the archives here and looked at
> the Austron patent but really would like to find a manual.
> Ok, don't everybody laugh at once.

I think I've been googling a little longer than you today (yes, I had an easy day at the office today). I think the 2202 part number only refers to one module inside the cabinet. I'm pretty sure it's a GPS diciplined Rb-standard developed for cell phone base stations. It's told that it's firmaware has a y2k bug in it, but that's probably no problem. There's a Linux driver available for it so you can easily set up your own NTP server with it. Anybody: Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope it's helpful. Please keep me posted on what I've missed out ;-). PS: There's a matching antenna for it on eBay too.

With kind regards,

	Robert.