[time-nuts] GPSDO problems

Mark Amos mark.amos at toast.net
Tue Jan 16 00:04:12 UTC 2007

Jason, I tried to reply to your e-mail but got a delivery error...

Sorry if these are obvious, but you didn't say - so I'm asking.

Did the GPSDO ever work (i.e. was it working and then stopped, or did it never work?)

Have you checked out the oscillator divider with a frequency counter to make sure its
working correctly?

Have you looked at the output of the phase comparator to see its pulse width?  (If the width
is getting larger, then the oscillator is low.  If the pulse width is getting narrower, the
oscillator is high.) When the phase count is near 800, the pulse width should be about 1.12
microseconds.

I've got one in service and I can share measurements with you to try to track down the
problem.  I've got another one on the bench that I'm just starting to put together - waiting
for another 10811 to show up.

Mark
W8XR