[time-nuts] Primary Cesium Beam Frequency Standard FTS 4050. Got a problem with the beam.

Michel.Have at macservice.com.au Michel.Have at macservice.com.au
Tue Jan 16 02:09:21 UTC 2007

Can anyone give me advise with the following:

I have a Cesium Frequency Standard FTS 4050, that I powered up after it had
been stored for years.
It seams to work, but:
The beam current is way too high.
With monitor select on 3 (= beam current): the output on the meter is >5V.
The lock is on and the output frequency is 9 999 999.2 Hz.
The other readouts are:
Setting                 Reading
1 = QZ oven       3.5V
2 = CS Oven       1.2V
3 = Beam current  >5V
4 = Control voltage     2.4V
5 = Supply voltage      2.8V

Any information on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Michel

DISCLAIMER - This message may contain privileged and confidential
If you are not the intended recipient of this message any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
return email immediately and destroy the original copy. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may
not necessarily reflect the views of The Macservice Group.