[time-nuts] 1pps PLL

Jim Palfreyman jim2 at tasmail.com
Tue Jan 16 04:26:29 UTC 2007

For absolutely minimal expenditure might I suggest Murray Greenman's GPS disciplined clock:

http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/MICRO/GPSCLOCK/index.htm

I can highly recommend the project, which uses a microcontroller to PLL the VCXO to the 1PPS GPS. Heaps of fun and Murray has provided so much help.

The most expensive parts are the GPS and the VCXO which you sound like you already have. It would cost you no more than US$30 tops. And that includes the US$10 Murray wants for the microcontroller code. And that includes support.

Murray built his original on project board, but I designed and made some double side printed circuit boards. If there was enough interest I'd be happy to get another batch made (minimum of three at a time) and make them available at cost+postage (around US$15 each from memory).

Regards,

Jim

www.tasmail.com