[time-nuts] GPS trouble anyone?

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Jan 16 09:02:34 UTC 2007

From: Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] GPS trouble anyone?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 00:27:26 -0800

> Hi Magnus:

Hi Brooke!

> Starting 10 Jan 21:18 local Pacific time my plot of GPS vs. FTS4060 has
> improved a lot.  Why I don't know.

Um. How nice for you. I was looking for things like more catastrophic failures
of the GPS receiver. I know of a whole set of receivers which have shown this
failure and is trying to figure out if anyone seen anything out of the
ordinary. It would seem strange that it would only show up here. There ought to
be a few more observations out there. If it is only this receiver model which
have failed or if others have shown the problem is quite interesting. So far,
there is talk about solar storm activity, but I don't beleive that. It seems
more reasnoble that it is something in connection with that receiver and I
beleive that there might be a software bug in there, but it has yeat to be
confirmed.

Cheers,
Magnus