[time-nuts] Bad batch of HP10811's

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Wed Jan 17 09:00:41 UTC 2007

Hello Marco,

Good point! The seller I was talking about gives six months of warranty.
I ment warranty in a general way: There is no warranty that the
equipment will arrive in the way you expect. E.g. without "stupid"
damage, like a bent handle. And off course: nobody is perfect (I make
mistakes as well ;-) ).

Jeroen

Marco wrote:

>At 09.26 17/01/2007, Jeroen wrote:

>>My point: There is no warranty when buying second hand equipment..
>>Even professional sellers make
>>"mistakes". So always be carefull, and check carefully what you get!
>>
>>Regards, Jeroen
>>

>Jeroen,
>
>Of course all sellers make mistakes, but it is not true that second
>hand equipment comes without warranty. At least my company gives a
>full six month (and sometimes 12 months) warranty on second hand
>equipment, parts and labour. We warrant the item to pass the
>performance verification, and to comply with the original specs, and
>to remain in specs for the warranty period.
>
>A bent handle may happen; if the transit damage can't be demonstrated
>we would have sent a new handle for free - less expensive than
>upsetting a customer :-) but of course this depends on company policies.
>
>Marco

Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering