[time-nuts] Bad batch of HP10811's

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jan 17 16:27:50 UTC 2007

In message <004001c73a4f$615b4fb0$0a00a8c0 at Inspiron>, "Jason Rabel" writes:

>Here's a good story [...]

Some years ago I bought a Sun ultra 60 computer in USA.  The packing
was good enough as such, but the powersupply which is a significant
part of the structural strength of the chassis was not fastend with
any of the screws, so it had dropped half way out and the chassis
was bent out of shape around it, probably from the box being dropped
from what would normally be a totally trivial height.

They were very gracious about it, and instead of shipping it forth
and back to get a replacement, they refunded me what all that shipping
would have cost, and the cost of getting a local smith to straighten
things out again.