[time-nuts] Magellan ASCII messages

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat Jan 20 16:29:43 UTC 2007

Good day,

On 20-Jan-07 at 14:08 bg at lysator.liu.se wrote:

>On Sat, January 20, 2007 4:16, Hal Murray said:
>>
>>> I have discovered that the receiver, on one of its ports (the aux
>>> port), is putting out Magellan ASCII strings prefixed with $PMGLK.
>>
>> Looks like NMEA stuff.

	No, NMEA messages all start with '$GP.'

	I have since found out that the 'PM' message series is a proprietary code dedicated to Magellan. The bad news is that Magellan no longer has any documentation on these codes, as they have gone to NMEA for their current stuff.

	The good news is that, at least for now, it's no longer necessary because I got the Odetics working (see earlier posts) by reflow-soldering the multi-legged fuses on the receiver board.

	Keep the peace(es).

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"