[time-nuts] Brooks Shera GPS Controller Help

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Jan 20 17:59:59 UTC 2007

I think I have tried pretty much every suggestion everyone has given me, and
probed every pin I was told to. If I had a digital storage scope life would
be much easier, but I'm doing the best I can with what I got.

Still trying to track down my problem, it seems like the counter at U4 is
resetting prematurely. Anyone have a theory as to the cause?

Do the two 166 chips @ U5 & U6 have any interaction that could cause this?
I'm currently using some ST M74HC166B1 chips (which from Brooks' site said
were okay), but I also noticed Mouser has the TI CD74HCT166E chips in stock.
I'm willing to order those if someone thinks they might help.

Jason