[time-nuts] Serial Port Logging Script?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Jan 23 01:58:13 UTC 2007

Here is a shell script that sets a serial port, reads data from the
serial port and pipes it to another program (rpm)

#!/bin/sh

# open ttyS1, set to 19200 and raw mode (so as not to choke on checksum)
stty 19200 raw </dev/ttyS1

# Print what comes from ttyS1, filter through rpm
cat </dev/ttyS1 |./rpm -n $1 $2 $3 $4

You can change the last line as follows:

cat </dev/ttyS1 > dada.txt

to send the data to a file instead.

Change serial port or setting as you see fit.

Didier KO4BB