[time-nuts] Odd request

Dave Brown tractorb at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jan 25 23:07:11 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "jmfranke" <jmfranke at cox.net>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
<time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Odd request

>I am going the same route and have discovered slave clocks which are
> solenoid driven clocks.  The clocks were once very popular in
> schools and
> factories. The hands typically step in one minute steps.
>
> See: http://www.clockhistory.com/setclocks/index.html
>
> I plan to use one of the clock movements to display minutes and
> hours and a
> two digit LED digital display for the seconds.  I will divide the
> 1PPS
> output from a Z3801A by 60 to get 1PPM.
>
> John  WA4WDL

Some used a 30 second pulse as well - might pay to check the
particular slave you have before you make the divider!    I have a
Gents master clock here- I DID want to put it in the lounge but it was
considerd too 'industrial' so its been relegated to 'outer darkness'!
Personally I think it's rather elegant, but......
Picture here-
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~tractorb/gents%20master.gif
 These were made in two pendulum lengths-this is the longer case (3
foot pendulum) model.
DaveB, NZ