[time-nuts] STEL Patent for 48 bit D/A based on NCO IC

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Jan 27 18:57:43 UTC 2007

Hi:

While reverse engineering the Quantic (then Absolute Time, then ??)
Q5200M Timing GPS receiver I came across a Stellar GPS patent that
describes how this receiver controls it's 10 MHz output using a NCO IC
as a 48 bit D/A converter.  But I have not been able to find a modern
replacement for the IC.  Is there one?

I'm also looking for the downconverter antenna.

http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Q5200.shtml
U.S. patent 5440313
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?patentnumber=5440313>
(remember that SA was on at the time of this patent.)

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com
w/o Java http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml