[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS Receivers

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sun Jan 28 04:10:24 UTC 2007

The last time I saw a Thunderbolt on eBay was waaaaay back in June/July I
think.

I did get one of those Brandwine GPS4's that one person listed a bunch of
(one of the last).

I just took a picture of the inside of my GPS4, and I also uploaded the
manual if you would like to read over it.

http://www.rabel.org/archives/Images/Brandywine_GPS4/

http://www.rabel.org/archives/Brandywine_GPS/

My unit has the "Medium Performance" Brandywine labeled OCXO. (Page 35 & 36
of the manual explain the different oscillator options). From the manual it
looks like they use (or used at one time) Furuno, Motorola, and some Sirf
(unknown model) receiver.

I've tried contacting the Brandywine people a few times in the past, and
they answered only one of my emails (incompletely at that). I don't know if
I just caught them at a bad time or what, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I
had to email them again.

FYI, I'm running firmware 17, I'm pretty sure there is at least a firmware
19. If anyone else out there has one, what firmware is yours running and
what is its configuration?

Jason