[time-nuts] Austron PRR-10 GPS discliplined Rb...

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sun Jan 28 11:17:47 UTC 2007

Bruce,

good to have you in the background with a look for the finer details.

> A frequency multiplier, either within the DDS, or external to it is
> required to generate a suitable DDS clock from either a 10MHz
> or 20MHz input.

Of course! That's why i use a AD9852 which features BOTH an internal
programable frequency multiplier as well as 48 bit phase accumulator
resolution. AFAIK you cannot get a dds chip with higher resolution at
the time. The people who need higher resolutions use tricky design
around the dds. Stanford Research for example uses a 48 Bit resolution
in their CG635 clock generator but time multiplex the lsd of the dds
input with a 16 bit resolution pwm signal to get a 64 bit resolution
clock (at least when taking the mean over a longer time).

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert, DF6JB