[time-nuts] 75Z vs 50Z for GPS receivers

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jan 29 20:51:05 UTC 2007

Hi Bill:

The series elements are resistance and inductance.
The shunt elements are conductance G (leakage resistance expressed in
Mho or Siemens) and capactance
For long lines the resistance of the wires is very important and for low
frequencies the capactance is the dominant reactance.
see the plot: http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Zo.shtml#RG58

On telegraph circuits where they are sending pulses a rule of thumb was
one battery for each mile of line.  For more on wet cell batteries see:
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Leclanche.shtml

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com