[time-nuts] Cycle jumps in Z3801A PPS?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jan 30 01:08:11 UTC 2007

Magnus Danielson said the following on 01/29/2007 07:29 PM:

> Did you use the same 5370 for both measure or different onces?
> Trigger points? Can you make it better or worse as you fool around with the
> trigger points? Signal levels?

Hi Magnus --

Everything was identical between the two runs; all I did was move the
cable from GPSDO #1 to GPSDO #2 without touching any of the controls.

Trigger jitter is an interesting possibility, but remember that I'm
triggering off of a 1 PPS not 10MHz, so there's no 100 nanosecond period
outside the box -- and the PPS signal is about 20 us wide.

John