[time-nuts] Phase jumps of HP3325A synthesizer ???

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 7 18:32:06 UTC 2007

From: Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Phase jumps of HP3325A synthesizer ???
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:47:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi again Ulrich,

> I think the first thing you should do is to make the performance tests on your
> HP3325A. You probably want to do the adjustment procedures too. They are easy
> enought if you have the service manual, which I do in original hardprint, but
> naturally Agilent is nice to help you out:
>
> http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/03325-90002.pdf
>
> Chapter 4, 5 and 8 should be of particular interest to you.

I should also recommend you to fetch the HP3325B service manual from Agilent:

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/03325-90003.pdf

In there you will find a number of interesting additions which should help you
to understand and perform better trimming even of your 3325A.

I'll investigate how well my oppertunities to adjust my 3325B, but just looking
at it briefly it seems I could do most of it without much trouble.

Cheers,
Magnus