[time-nuts] Wavecrest

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 08:12:59 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,

some more usage tips:

   * The inputs are limited to about +-1.1V. So a good RF  DC-blocker and
attenuators really help. Be carefull, it's easy to exceed the  input range.

   * You need to equal length SMA cables, and a bunch of SMA  short circuit
caps to calibrate the unit. Some special calibrations can only be  started via
GPIB command.

   * The unit takes about 600W or so, I always blow our  fuse...

   * Measuring the time-base 100MHz output in the back of the  unit will
typically give 3ps or less RMS jitter readings if everything is  working well, the
unit is warmed up and well calibrated.

   * Square Waves give better results than sine waves, but not by  much.

bye,
Said