[time-nuts] What equipment can I economically use to measure jitter and noise sidebands?

Peter Vince pvince at theiet.org
Sat Jul 14 11:34:18 UTC 2007

Might I ask what you guys are using to measure jitter and oscillator
noise-sidebands?  I think Mike was lucky to pick up the Wavecrest
recently, but is that the only option?  Is there anything else, maybe
older and cheaper, if not quite so high-tech?

I would like to be able to characterise both the usual frequency
oscillators, but also other odd frequencies, and digitally modulated
signals - any suggestions?

     Thanks,

          Peter