[time-nuts] Cs stability

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jul 17 07:21:37 UTC 2007

> I guess that is why some GPS antenna cables is temperature-stabilized as well
> as the cement-pidestal for the GPS antenna as it stands on solid rock. The same
> place have controlled environment for the cesiums and hydrogens, together with
> UPS and disel-engine that kicks in for longer runs.
>
> Or I could be wrong... :)

Magnus,

This is true (temperature stabilization) for sites that do mm
level survey and ps level time transfer, using all the tricks
in the GPS book.

On the other hand, I think for most of us that play at the
meter and ns levels with cheap OEM receivers and plastic
L1 antennas the coax cable temperature issue is quite
overblown. Or if I'm wrong, show me the data.

/tvb