[time-nuts] Oncore VP problem

Randy Warner randy at geodetics.com
Tue Jul 17 22:07:40 UTC 2007

Nigel,

You should be able to restart the VP with the @@Cg command in the
"Additional Message Window" in WinOncore12. The total command string is:

@@Cg01<enter>.

Note that with the VP this must be done after every receiver default or
SelfTest.

Rick Hambly's SynTac/TAC32 software is smart enough that it does this
automatically, but WinOncore12 was built after the VP's were pretty much
gone.

NOTE that WinOncore12 is pretty much useless if you are running a 6 channel
receiver or an 8 channel VP in 6 channel mode as about the only 6 channel
message it understands is the @@Bb satellite report. For this you need to
use Rick's software or find an OLD DOS version of the Motorola software.

You will also encounter trouble trying to run a lot of the more esoteric 8
channel messages that the VP supported. WinOncore12 has no idea about what
to do with these. Once again, Rick's software will come to the rescue.

Best regards,

Randy Warner
Senior Applications Engineer
Geodetics, Inc.