[time-nuts] Oncore VP problem

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 18:04:07 UTC 2007

jason at extremeoverclocking.com writes:

I put  all the Oncore related files I have gathered up online a while back,
they  can be found  at:

http://www.rabel.org/archives/Motorola_Oncore/

Jason

------------------
Thanks Jason

There were some useful items there that I hadn't seen before, in particular
the VP firmware history.........
but now I'm totally confused:-)

That firmware history refers to firmware version 8v4 being fitted to  models
Bxxxxxxxxx4 and, sure enough, my firmware is 8v4.
8v4 is supposed to have updates for the Time RAIM option so I  would have
expected that to imply my unit did have the 1PPS option after all,  but it
resolutely ignores any of the relevant commands either via the WinOncore  command
window or the menu options for time setting.
It will alow me to sellect the option that turns on 1PPS but the module
ignores the command and doesn't seem to reply.

Maybe I'll give up on the QEX simple GPS standard and just build a  clock:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR