[time-nuts] Oncore VP problem

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 18:27:57 UTC 2007

jason at extremeoverclocking.com writes:

I think the "B" means PPS? One of those  PDF files shows all the feaures of
the models, and there are a couple VP  models where there isn't any
specification for PPS so I would guess that  means it doesn't have that
feature.

Hi Jason

This is the info for my  module.....

COPYRIGHT 1991-1995 MOTOROLA INC.
SFTW P/N # 98-P36830P
SOFTWARE VER # 8
SOFTWARE REV # 4
SOFTWARE DATE  13 JUL 1995
MODEL #    B3221B1114
HDWR P/N # _
SERIAL #   SSG0115514
MANUFACTUR DATE 5L29
OPTIONS LIST     B

As I commented in an earlier  post, this has just the B option and is one of
those listed with no  specification in the 1PPS column, which is what led me
to assume it hasn't  got the 1PPS output.
That ties in with what I'd  found but the comments in the firmware list had
me wondering again, especially  as the Oncore is fitted to a development kit
with a 1PPS output  socket.
Although supposedly unused, it is an old kit so perhaps the module got
swapped at some time, or it was an optional extra when new.

Oh well, the case is quite nice:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR