[time-nuts] LORAN-C Programmatic environmental Impact Statement (PEIS)?

Magne Mæhre magne at samfundet.no
Thu Jul 26 10:37:17 UTC 2007

Magnus Danielson skrev:

> Norway is very close to close up operation as I understand it. It runs on
> extended time.

The operation of the four Norwegian stations has been extended to
the end of 2009.

The Ministry of Fisheries and and Coastal Affairs states that they're
closely following the development in the other European countries, and
that a backup system to GPS is important.  Talks are also going on with
the UK, France and Russia on the continued operation of the system.

I suspect that only when we have an operational Galileo (or a similar system),
will Norway shut down the 4 stations.

--Magne