[time-nuts] solar flares and cesium drift

tom jones epoch_time at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 16:07:15 UTC 2007

We've had several solar flares this past week.  My cesium standard has lost about 200ns as compared with fallon loran and gps.
  I was showing approximately 10 to 30 nanoseconds cesium drift  the previous weeks when
  solar activity was quiet.
  I'm assuming all the drift I'm observing is my cesium standard (5061) and not loran or gps
  especially because loran is steered by gps and gps is steered by usno-amc.

  Has anyone else noticed any extra cesium drift this week?
  I'm assuming this drift is due to changes in the earth geomagnetic field due to solar activity?