[time-nuts] another Ebay mixup

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 06:06:08 UTC 2007

In a message dated 6/8/2007 18:43:32 Pacific Daylight Time, didier at cox.net
writes:

>Well, his listing includes the serial number. He would not use the  same
>listing without at least updating the  S/N?

>Didier

Hi Didier, I just got an email from him, he changed the picks today after I
asked him about it. The original listings didn't include the SN's.

I got my unit today, and the left handle is almost broken off. He didn't  use
bubblewrap :( If you guys order from him, make sure to require him to use
1.5 - 2 inches of bubblewrap all around the unit.

The standard deviation of a 15ns cable-delayed signal is measured as 50ps  in
100 averages.

Is that a good number for these units? I was expecting <20ps.

The frequency is in error of parts to the E-09 with an external 10MHz Cs
reference.

Maybe the unit just needs to be calibrated? Maybe it got shipping  damage?

bye,
Said