[time-nuts] Galileo funding (bailout)

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Jun 9 15:10:32 UTC 2007

So true, so true.

It's funny seeing some GOES receivers & antennas still being listed on eBay
for hundreds of dollars when they have no signal to receive.

Something I've always wondered about the ACTS system, is there any public
code so that a person could run their own local ACTS server?

I don't know if you follow the NTP newsgroup, but if one guy over there had
his way, your quartz, cesium, and rubidium clocks would also be obsolete as
he wants to change the length of a second... lol. ;)

As for surplus from the Galileo project, I don't think we will see
anything... Perhaps the single Satellite will go up for auction on eBay so
they can recover a little bit of their costs from this boondoggle...
*snicker*